We are here to help! Give us a call at 303-786-9313.
Windhorse Elder Care offers direct care support for activities of daily living such as companionship, personal care (assistance with toilet and bathing), and transportation to appointments, errands, companionship outings. Direct care shifts might also include meal preparation, medication reminding, light housekeeping, laundry, and other household support.
We also provide case management for coordinating medical care and appointments, collaboration with family, friends, and community members, as well as researching and connecting clients to helpful resources in the area.
A unique aspect of Windhorse Elder Care is our ability to provide individual, couple, and family counseling services. We have a number of staff members who are highly-trained, compassionate psychotherapists, ready to serve our clients and families!
- We offer a unique approach to elder care. Our staff clinicians are comprised of extensively trained home health care providers with graduate degrees in psychology and related fields.
- The practice of “Basic Attendance” in many ways is as old as the human experience itself…one individual caring for another in a time of need; caring with body, mind and spirit…wholly present.
- Our clinicians take on a relationship with clients as a practice in awareness to use ordinary day-to-day activities as an opportunity to deepen the relationship and their capacity for compassion in every situation.
- There are a number of providers in the community doing outstanding, yet similar work for seniors. Where we stand apart is in the specialized training of our staff. Our employees are trained in pastoral care, psychotherapy, counseling, as well as geriatric studies and elder care. We specialize in providing therapeutic supports to elders experiencing psychological difficulties.
- While we specialize in elders, we are not limited to doing work with elders. We will provide personal care for younger individuals who have non-psych issues using our unique, circle of care approach.
“My wife had dementia and needed to be placed in a memory care community in Louisville.
The Windhorse Care partners cared for my wife with compassion, patience and understanding. I felt Christine was safe and engaged and the team brought a person centered approach and contemplative practice. They were a special group.
The team meetings were always about how best to provide for Christine. WEC worked closely with the care community staff to compliment the care from both groups.
I think the most surprising part of this experience was how engaged WEC was from intake, supervision, team leadership, companions to the caregiver support group.” – Harry Lindmark